Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Mike Leach fired?



I would like to start off by saying I am not a Texas Tech fan, much less a fan of college football. I only know about this story because it has been popping up on my Igoogle page quite a bit and I caught something on ESPN about him locking a kid up in a small dark closet.

So I started watching and reading and this is what I get from it - the kid, Adam James, is a spoiled rich kid who is lazy and a blamer. Of course I don't know him personally, but what I have read that other people are saying about him, including his other coaches, past coaches and people that have played football with him, he is a lazy athlete and everything is always someone else's fault.

From what I have read he is even lucky he is playing Division I football in the first place. No other team offered him anything during or after his senior year in high school. His celebrity dad approached Leach with a highlight reel and against his fellow coach’s opinions; he gave the crybaby a scholarship.

Even being so lucky, he still whined about his playing time and was lazy in practices. Players even mention how "negative" he was and that he would bring other players down, often telling other players they don't have to listen to the coaches or do what they say because they have to play them any way.

Oh and that small shed he claims he was put in, it is the white building in the picture. Being put in a dark cooler area is actually to speed up recovery if he really did have a concussion.

Why is this crybaby doing this? Apparently because the coaches made him and some other receivers run bleachers for slacking off in practice a week earlier. The trainer in charge of their "punishment" says the crybaby was rude the entire time while the others accepted it and did it.

Texas Tech has fired the coach, without any proof he did anything wrong. This is before their bowl game. What an easy way to not have to pay the coach his $800,000 bonus that is due at the end of the season. I think this is going cost Texas Tech a lot more then that considering Leach has a pretty good lawsuit under development.

All of this is happening because of a spoiled rich kid not getting his way.

No comments:

Post a Comment