Saturday, December 19, 2009

tweirdos roam twitter - the spazzy side of twitter

A quick catch up - when I started twitter I thought the amount of people that follow you was the benchmark on how successful your account was. So I built a script that I could type in a keyword and it would auto follow anyone who mentioned that word in a tweet. There was about a 10% - 20% return on who followed you back. I thought I found a great way to get followers.

Fast forward 10 months or so - I now see that followers do not really mean much since most are just spam accounts anyways. My friends timeline was pretty much unreadable. So I wrote another script to unfollow everyone and start over fresh. I realized that people would unfollow me too, but I was fine with that. I wanted quality followers who actually read my content.

So I unfollow everyone, follow a few back I remember and tweeted that I unfollowed everyone and to @ reply me and I will follow you back. I figure this would be a great way to weed out the bots and spam accounts and I knew the people I already know would reply back.

As expected I lost close to 1500 followers the first full day. What I didn’t expect was to get a disgruntled tweet swung in my direction because of it.

@iamdamnsam U DONT FOLLOW ME SCREW YOUR BLOG - from EastDallasAlice (reminded me of Debbie does Dallas for some reason). That took me by surprise.

I replied to that with - @EastDallasAlice Guess you missed my tweet about me unfollowing everyone and to @ reply me if you want me to follow you :-P

I didn’t think people were like that on twitter, so far I haven’t seen one testy tweet. At first I thought it was kinda funny, thinking how anal she must be so I decided to look at her tweets.

@AmberAusten cAUGHT YA, i DONT FOLLOW YOU ANYMORE EITHER
@anz_rocks19 OK i DUMPED U 2 AND i BET U DONT LOOK ANYTHING LIKE THE BODY U USE
@clancymanuel cAUGHT U AND COMPOSER, MUSCIAN, FILMAKER MY ASS
@philhawley sO WHAT DID i DO 2 YOU 2 MAKE YOU QUIT FOLLOWING ME. oH DONT BOTHER i DUMPPED YOU 2.
@OK i QUIT FOLLOWING YOU 2 A HOLE
@thierryleyva OPPS iM NOT FOLLOWING YOU ANYMORE.
@AmberAusten What are you Refering 2. Did I catch you not following m e anymore? Sorry, I don't show mercy 2 peeps who drop me
@texasbeaut yea and u dumped me so goodbye texas beauty who cant show her face, ho ho

Wow, that is just from one day. She had way too may RTs of other people's Follow Friday tweets (tons) I didn’t dare scroll through her spam to get to any other day. Seeing all of those spaz out tweets showed me a psycho side of twitter.

I followed up with a retweet - RT @EastDallasAlice: @iamdamnsam U DONT FOLLOW ME SCREW YOUR BLOG - that will get you followers 0.o

Her reply to that (apparently she ignored my first one about @ reply me back)- @iamdamnsam Well whatever u can zip your pants up or whatever, Im gone

Zip my pants up? What the hell is that? I just had to reply to that - @EastDallasAlice LOL! Way to be a biaaaaatch, that will get you followers :-P I looked at your tweets, you got anger issues, see a shrink

Hey, I know, arguing on the internet is dumb, but it was fun and judging by the intelligence of her posts it was going to be a one sided battle :) I didn't really want to argue as much as rib her.

Her wittiness followed up with - RT @iamdamnsam: @EastDallasAlice LOL! Way to be a biaaaaatch, that will get you followers :-P You are a stupid idoit u are blocked dumbass

And then - RT @iamdamnsam: Oh and bbbtw i am a shrink, you poor pathetic idiot

LOL! A shrink huh. Right. Then you should already know about your psycho-ness :) Just curious, but has anyone else encountered people having a cow on twitter because you unfollowed them? I would love to hear the story :)

No comments:

Post a Comment